Onion Juice For Hair Loss is much more useful than you think. Over the years, onion mask for hair growth has become quite popular in their ability to control hair fall and in promoting hair growth. Onion contains elements like Folic Acid, Vitamin C, E, and B, Phosphorus, Zinc, Potassium, Carotene, Magnesium.
These elements are highly beneficial for hair growth and hair fall. In this Nyx Lipstick Blog post, I’m going to share 5 different ways to use Onion Juice For Hair Loss and before we get into that, let’s have a look at its amazing benefits.
Benefits Of Onion For Hair
- They contain strong antioxidants, which can help to reverse the effects of premature graying
- Regular use of onion packs can make hair shiny and improve the quality of hair
- Prevents hair lice
- Promotes new hair growth and adds volume to the hair
- Fights dandruff contains rich anti-bacterial properties
- Promotes blood circulation, aids in hair growth
- Contains anti-bacterial properties, treats various scalp infections, and prevents hair loss
- Nourishes hair follicles, restores lost nutrients
- Onions are rich in sulfur which helps to minimize hair thinning and breakage
How To Make Onion Juice For Hair At Home
Simply take 1-2 large onions (depending on your hair length) and peel off the skin. Wash the onions and roughly chop them up into large chunks. Add the onion pieces into a blender.
Use a muslin cloth or a strainer to separate tiny bits from the juice and to extract pure onion juice. Now, it’s ready for application onto the hair and scalp.
5 DIY Onions Hair Packs To Control Hair Fall
Onion Hair Mask And Olive Oil
Olive oil is one of the best hair oils for hair. Olive Oil helps fight infections, improves blood circulation in the scalp, and keeps dandruff at bay. It moisturizes the scalp and improves scalp health.
A scalp that has good blood circulation makes hair follicles stronger, giving rise to softer, healthy, and thicker hair strands. This is the best remedy for Onion Juice For Hair Loss.
How To Make Onion hair mask And Olive Oil
- Take 4-5 tablespoons of onion juice
- Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil into it
- Massage the mixture into the scalp in circular motions
- Shampoo + condition the hair after 1-2 hours
- Repeat every week for best results
Onion Juice and Honey Hair Mask
Honey contains antioxidant properties that prevent hair damage. It helps to keep the scalp and hair healthy. Honey is an excellent natural emollient that locks in moisture. It acts as a natural conditioner and keeps the hair well-conditioned. Honey reduces hair fall by strengthening hair follicles.
How to Make Onion Juice and Honey Hair Mask
- Mix one tablespoon of organic honey with half a cup of onion juice and mix well
- Apply on scalp and all over the hair till ends
- Gently massage for a couple of minutes
- Use a mild shampoo to rinse and condition hair well
- Repeat once a week
Tip: Since onion juice is runny in texture, place an old towel on your shoulders to avoid mess. You can also pack your hair using a shower cap. Using a shower cap will also ensure that the ingredients get penetrated deep into the hair shaft.
Onion Juice For Hair Loss Treatment and Yogurt Hair Mask
Any hair care routine is incomplete without yogurt. Grandmas have sworn by yogurt’s goodness for hair and surely is a hair savior! Yogurt controls hair fall, reduces the clogging of follicles. They work best for frizzy, damaged, and chemically-treated hair.
It moisturizes the hair and keeps the ph level balanced. Yogurt also controls the sebum levels, gives a cooling effect on the scalp. An onion mask for hair growth also fights dandruff and keeps the scalp healthy.
How To Make Onion Juice For Hair Loss Treatment and Yogurt Hair Mask
- In a bowl, add 5-6 tablespoons of onion juice, mix two tablespoons of thick yogurt into the juice
- Apply on the scalp and hair
- Wait for about 30-40 minutes
- Rinse off with a shampoo and condition
- Use once a week for healthy hair
Onion juice and Castor Oil Mask
According to a dermatologist, castor oil promotes hair growth. The oil contains ricinoleic acid and omega-6 fatty acids, which helps in increasing blood circulation. Castor Oil strengthens and moisturizes the hair and contains vitamin E. It balances the ph level of the scalp. It has anti-bacterial properties and perfect for scalp health.
How To Use Onion Juice and Castor Oil Mask
- Take 4-5 tablespoon of onion juice
- Add 2 tablespoons of castor oil and mix
- Apply the mixture on the scalp and hair and gently massage in circular motions for 3-4 minutes.
- Wash using a shampoo after two hours
Onion Juice For Hair Loss Treatment and Egg Hair Mask
The egg is known as a superfood for hair, when taken both internally and applied externally. It contains essential nutrients and proteins which boost the quality of hair. Eggs have been found to control hair fall.
Egg strengthens and nourishes the roots, and heals damage caused by chemicals. It gives a healthy shine and makes the hair super soft and manageable.
How to Make Onion Juice For Hair Loss Treatment and Egg Hair Mask
- Mix one whole egg with 4-5 tablespoons of onion juice
- Add 2-3 drops of essential oil like tea-tree or lavender oil to make the whole mixture smell nice
- Let it stay in the hair for 30 minutes
- Shampoo and condition as usual
I hope the above information on Onion Juice For Hair Loss, controls and reduces your hair fall. Use these tips for one whole month and if there is no effect on hair fall, I recommend you visit a trichologist to get checked for and rule out underlying disorders.
Also, read previous posts for hair care
Hope this Onion Juice For Hair Loss post helps you 😉